Last year we saw headlines about a possible housing market bubble, and many wondered if Americans still felt confident about the value of their homes. Recently, the 2018 Houzz & Home Study revealed:
The post Do You Know How Much Your Home Has Increased in Value? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Recently, David Greene, co-host of the BiggerPockets podcast and a nationally renowned author and speaker, wrote an article in Forbes explaining how investing in real estate could help build wealth. Many of the points he made also apply to a family owning their own home. Here are a few:
The post 4 Proven Ways Real Estate Can Build Sizable Family Wealth appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Over the course of the last thirty years, a shift has happened. An entire generation has been raised to believe that a college education is their key to unlocking opportunities that were not available to their parent’s or grandparent’s generations.
The post Is Student Loan Debt A Threat to Homeownership? No! appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
The price of any item (including residential real estate) is determined by the theory of ‘supply and demand.’ If many people are looking to buy an item and the supply of that item is limited, the price of that item increases.
The post Why It Makes No Sense to Wait for Spring to Sell appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- For Sale By Owner (FSBO) is the process of selling real estate without the representation of a real estate broker or real estate agent.
- According to the National Association of Realtors’ Profile of Home Buyers & Sellers, 36% of homeowners who decided to FSBO last year did so to avoid paying a commission or fee. But, homes sold with an agent net 6% more than those sold as a FSBO according to Collateral Analytics!
- Before you decide to take on the challenges of selling your house on your own, sit with a real estate professional in your marketplace and see what they have to offer.
The post Think You Should For Sale By Owner? Think Again! [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Whether you are thinking of selling your house or buying a home, today’s real estate headlines can be confusing – perhaps even concerning. What is actually happening with mortgage rates? Are home values dropping or are they just rising at a slower pace? What impact will the economy have on the housing market?
The post 3 Things You Need in a Shifting Real Estate Market appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
For centuries, people in this country have seen homeownership as part of the American Dream. Whether they were born here or immigrated from another country, they wanted to own a piece of America. With so many prominent societal changes over the last few decades, it is fair to ask if people in America still feel the same way about owning a home. The answer was made abundantly clear in two separate reports released earlier this month.
The post The Importance of Homeownership to the American Dream appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
When homebuyers begin their research, they want to see all their available options! In many cases, they will include both new construction and existing homes in their search; but is a new construction home really the house of their dreams?
The post Do You Prefer the Charm of an Existing Home? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
In today’s fast-paced world, where answers are a Google search away, there are some who may wonder what the benefits of hiring a real estate professional to help them in their home search are. The truth is, with the addition of more information, comes more confusion.
The post The Difference Having a Professional on Your Side Makes appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- The cost of waiting to buy is defined as the additional funds it would take to buy a home if prices & interest rates were to increase over a period of time.
- Freddie Mac predicts interest rates to rise to 5.1% by the end of 2019.
- CoreLogic predicts home prices to appreciate by 4.8% over the next 12 months.
- If you are ready and willing to buy your dream home, find out if you are able to!
The post What is the Cost of Waiting Until Next Year to Buy? [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.