There are many reasons why a homeowner decides to sell their house and move. The latest Generational Trends Report from the National Association of Realtors asked recent home sellers to share their reason for moving.
Saving for a down payment is often the biggest hurdle for a first-time homebuyer. Depending on where you live, median income, median rents, and home prices all vary. So, we set out to find out how long it would take to save for a down payment in each state.
- Existing Home Sales slowed to an annual pace of 5.21 million home sales in March.
- Low inventory levels are still impacting home sales! The current month’s supply of homes for sale is 3.9-months.
- Median home prices were up 3.8% over last March at $259,400. This marked the 85th consecutive month with year-over-year price gains.
The post Existing Home Sales Slow to Start Spring [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
In a recent Insights Blog, CoreLogic reported that rent prices have skyrocketed since 2005. Meanwhile, the typical mortgage payment has actually decreased.
The post Renters Paying Substantially More While Owning Costs Less appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
There has been a great amount written on millennials and their impact on the housing market. However, the headlines often contradict each other. Some claim this generation is becoming the largest share of first-time home buyers, while others claim millennials don’t want to own a home, blaming them for the dip in homeownership rate.
The post New Study Reveals One Surprising Reason for the Inventory Shortage appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
According to a new survey from Move.com, the wave of first-time homebuyers hitting the market this summer has resulted in an interesting statistic. Nearly 60% of buyers searching for a home this spring are willing to consider buying a fixer-upper, with 95% believing that the projects needed will increase their new home’s value!
The post With Inventory Low: Will Your Dream Home Need Some TLC? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
With home prices on the rise and buyer demand still strong, some sellers may be tempted to try to sell their homes on their own rather than using the services of a real estate professional.
The post Selling Your House: Here’s Why You Need A Pro In Your Corner! appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- “The majority of millennials said they consider owning a home more sensible than renting for both financial and lifestyle reasons — including control of living space, flexibility in future decisions, privacy and security, and living in a nice home.”
- The top reason millennials choose to buy is to have control over their living space, at 93%.
- Many millennials who rent a home or apartment prior to buying their own homes dream of the day when they will be able to paint the walls whatever color they'd like or renovate an outdated part of their living space.
The post 5 Reasons Why Millennials Buy a Home [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Last fall, some predicted that the 2019 residential real estate market would be a disaster. There was even belief we might experience a housing crash like the one that occurred during the last decade.
Interest rates for a 30-year fixed rate mortgage have been on the decline since November, now reaching lows last seen in January 2018. According to Freddie Mac’s latest Primary Mortgage Market Survey, rates came in at 4.12% last week!